Thursday, September 2, 2010

This shirt might be nerdier





Okay so this shirt might be nerdier than the Glee one. That or it's about as nerdy. I'll at least come off looking lamer at the end of this story. If it's hard to read it says "Support Cedric Diggory the Real Hogwarts Champion" and the back says "Potter Stinks". I made it for a Wizard Rock concert. Wizard Rock is Harry Potter themed music. At the time I was sort of dragged along by Jaime and Brandon as I hadn't read the books at the time (though I had seen and enjoyed all of the movies). Jaime wore her Gryffindor uniform so I guess I decided to make a shirt so I wouldn't feel left out? Perhaps I figured it would help me blend in and look like less of a tourist. Despite not getting some of the in-jokes it was a pretty fun concert and I actually got complimented on the shirt by some of the people there.

I ended up finally reading the books after attending the concert. I was sort of against them for a while because I really didn't see the appeal or care for all of the speculation about the mysteries within them. I did however see the appeal of reading the books after making friends with a girl that I thought was cute at the concert and deciding I should probably catch up (which would somehow be less lame?). Oh, the things that have been done in the name of impressing a girl. In any case, I actually quite enjoyed the books. They're fun, quick reads.

No comments: