Friday, September 24, 2010

Mother Folk-er



This is another shirt from the grab bag that I got in 200?. I generally don't go for orange shirts. It's probably my least favorite color. Well maybe it's not as bad as like safety green or anything, but I'm still not a fan. This shirt's still kind of neat though. It makes me think of Flight of the Conchords (the fourth most popular folk-comedy duo from New Zealand). I feel they would appreciate it. I don't wear it much because a) it's orange and b) it's kind of big on me.

Fun fact about my day yesterday. I met Kobe Bryant. Background: Yesterday around lunchtime I got an email from Eric our band director that the band was just invited to a Q and A with Kobe Bryant that was being held for the UCI Athletics Department. So it was all of the student athletes and then me, Brandon, Adam, and Orville. Orville was flipping out a little bit. It was adorable. We were seated behind the women's soccer team who were pretty friendly. They were like, "We don't recognize you, what do you play?", and our response was like, "uh...drums."

Kobe was pretty cool. Learned some fun facts about him. For example the one that stands out is that he's apparently really good friends with Hilary Swank (actress from Boys Don't Cry and the seminal Next Karate Kid). We got to take a photo with him at the end and afterward I shook his hand. My immediate thought was that his hand is both surprisingly and understandably gigantic. So yeah that was pretty interesting.

No comments: