Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Oldest Shirt in the Rotation and other things that make me feel old.



This is probably the oldest shirt I own and still wear. It's super faded and the screen printing's all crackly and it's too big, but it reminds me of my roots. My awful, awful roots when I was in middle school and thought I was all punk rock because I put pins on my backpack and wore a leather cuff on my wrist. [*shudder*] I used to be so lame. I'm still pretty lame now, but I like to think that there are some significant improvements that have been made to the 2010 Model Allison.

Anywho, for some reason I can remember exactly where I was and who I was with when I got this shirt from Hot Topic oh so many years ago. It's not a terribly significant shirt other than Blink 182 used to be my favorite band, but still that memory sticks.

Find It:
Wherever old-ass Blink 182 shirts are sold. I'm sure they have newer ones that are still for sale at the brightly-lit Hot Topics of today. By the way, how lame is it that I've had conversations with people that start with the sentence "Why back in my day, Hot Topic used to be blah blah blah...". Also, Blink 182's starting to get some wrinkles. I think I saw Travis going a little gray. It's a weird feeling when your old heroes just start looking old. This must be what baby boomers feel when they look at Mick Jagger.

No comments: