Sunday, August 29, 2010

Go Team!



This is probably the nerdiest shirt I own because I made it. For a concert. Like a teenage girl. It was for the Glee concert that I went to this last spring. In my defense Ali and I were by no means among the oldest people there without kids. By the way, the concert was sooo much fun. Glee totally is the newest incarnation of the boy band/Beatlemania/etc. pop culture phenomena, so making a shirt seemed fitting.

By the way, saying this is the nerdiest shirt I own is quite a feat considering I also own several Star Wars, video game, and comic book shirts.

My shirt is a reference to this shirt
seen here worn by the character Rachel. That shirt in turn is a nod to Twilight. I made mine in support of Rachel instead of Finn because, well, she's prettier.

The reason why I'm wearing it today is because the Emmys are tonight and Glee's nominated for a bajillion awards. Also it's Lea Michele (the girl who plays Rachel)'s birthday. I should also mention that it's my buddy (and fraternity lil bro) Orville's birthday too (since I know him in real life and all).

Get It: You can actually find ones online that people are selling, but it might be easier to pick up iron-on letters and puff paint at Joann's.

No comments: