Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"I hung my favorite shirt on the floorboard, wrinkled up from pulling pushing and tasting tasting tasting..."




Today's shirt represents the hipster D-bag Allison that you all know and love today. It isn't entirely accurate to what my favorite band is right now, but I don't actually own a Band of Horses shirt (yet). Death Cab for Cutie is probably the band that I have the most of and have listened to the most. My music recently has been pretty mellow, melodic indie stuff. I'm going to use this as an excuse to talk about music. The new cds that I would recommend would be by Band of Horses, The Black Keys, Broken Bells (huh, lots of B bands), Arcade Fire, Freelance Whales, The Swell Season. The Freelance Whales cd has been getting the most play lately. It kind of reminds me of what would happen if Owl City and Sufjan Stevens had a music baby. Though "Tighten Up" by the Black Keys managed to sneak up and become the song I've listened to the most on itunes. It's a fantastic cd if you happen to be interested in soul/r&b/southern rock.

I got this shirt at a Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins/Death Cab for Cutie concert that at the time I described as "if there a word more awesome than the word awesome, that word would be exactly the adjective I would use to describe how cool the concert was." I went with Elaine and I'm pretty sure that was like part of the year that we became super close friends and went on several exciting adventures. This concert is notable for being one where a frat guy ruined a slow piano ballad about someone passing away by yelling "Oh fuck yeah!" when he heard the opening notes.

Oh and the reason why there's also a picture with Dylan in the background is that he came over for lunch and specifically told me he hates having his picture taken. I of course did my best to get one of him as he of course did his best to hide behind me.

Find it:
To my surprise I actually found it in yellow in the Atlantic Records store. It's only in black at the official DCFC store since it's out of print.

P.S. Threadless is running a back to school sale from now till 8/26. All tees are $10 (normally $18).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hah, got his picture taken AND it's on the Internet.