Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cowabunga, Gentlemen.



The shirt for today was a birthday gift from my friend, Hannah. She wasn't terribly subtle about what she was getting me that year since she straight up asked me one day close to my bday, "Which do you like more, ninja turtles or pirates?" Love you, Hannah. In case it's hard to read it says "Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles", hence the business suits and matching ties. I do love that gray haired, balding (even though he didn't have hair to begin with) Michelangelo still loves pizza.

The ninja turtles is without a doubt the pop culture phenomenon that I loved the most when I was a kid. As someone that is a fan of popular culture, I don't take this statement lightly. TMNT is my oldest and most enduring pop culture love.

A funny story involving ninja turtles and my stupid mouth: Bstark, Elaine, Dylan, and I were on a roadtrip years ago and somehow we got to the topic of I think different baby and kid versions of existing cartoon franchises, e.g. Muppet Babies, Baby Loony Toons, Tiny Toons, The Flintstone Kids, A Pup Named Scooby Doo (one of my FAVORITE cartoons as a child), etc. We got to the topic of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and how there should have been a baby version of that show and my brilliant response was "Yeah, like they'd call it 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Babies'". There was a pause and Elaine said, "Um, I think you mean Baby Mutant Ninja Turtles." [cue hysterical laughter and facepalm] Yeah, I wasn't able to live that one down for a while.

Find it:
It's from Snorg Tees which I think of as like Busted Tees' lil' brother. This specific shirt can be found here.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

HAHAHAHA I forgot about Teenage Mutant Ninja Babies until now :D

Allizon said...

How could you forget? You made so much fun of me. :)