Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Embedded Video Bonus Post

I felt the need to supplement today's post with some easily clickable video links so you know just what I'm talking about since I went on pretty long tangent about music. So here are links to all of the bands I talked about in the last post.

This is a pretty cute/funny video. It features little kids fighting over a girl at the playground.


Their video for "Next Girl" is also pretty hilarious. It features a dinosaur puppet and women in bikinis, but the best part is the scrolling text at the bottom of the video.


The lyrics to this song make no sense, but it's cute and catchy. By the way, I mainly checked out this band for their adorable band name alone. C'mon Freelance Whales? That's cute stuff.


Couldn't find very many videos of this, but it's my favorite song on the new Band of Horses album. Super catchy and fun.


I can't actually embed this but at http://www.brokenbells.com/october/ is an interactive video for the song October by Broken Bells (the lead singer from The Shins + producer Danger Mouse). Interactive in this case meaning that the camera will follow your cursor and leave a little trail where your mouse has been. It's kinda neat. Their music is all pretty moody, definitely a night time kind of CD.


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Arcade Fire - Ready to Start
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party
From their Daily Show performance. Two drummers? Madness.


"Maybe I was born to hold you in these arms..." The Swell Season is a project from the duo that starred in and produced all of the music for the movie "Once". They won the Academy Award for best original song for "Falling Slowly". It's all ridiculously gorgeous.


The previous blog post's title is from this song: It was at one time my favorite song. It's definitely still in the top 5 I think. It's just pretty and acoustic and good for a long drive alone.


Freelance Whales sound like this band:

had a baby with this band:


DCfC went on tour with this band:

which features the lead singer from this band:

but talking about that band I have to include this song because it's just got so much good old fashioned soul: It's one of my favorite female vocal performances ever.

Phew.

No comments: