Monday, January 3, 2011

#117 It's like a security blanket that I can wear


This shirt is like an old friend to me. It's soft, it fits nicely, it's a nice color; I've worn it quite often (as one can tell by the crackling screen print, discoloration around the collar, and the tiny holes worn into various places). It's well loved and by that I mean it's been treated like shit. It's just one of those go to shirts that I'll throw on when I don't really care about what I'm wearing. It's a lazy time shirt. I do have a bit of affection for this one, for no real reason. It's dependable. Can a shirt be dependable?

I've had it for quite a while. I got it sometime in high school when I was out shopping with my mom at Marshalls and spotted it in the clearance section. Baby blue was my favorite color at the time (now it's either green or purple or turquoise, I can never remember which) and I had a Quiksilver backpack at the time so I figured it was kismet.

I have a bit of a weird brand loyalty to Quiksilver merchandise. I've got hats, bags, belts, wallets, sweatshirts, button downs; I just love their stuff. I almost feel bad when I spot something by a competing brand (that also sells surf/skate/California slacker wear) that I also like. Like right now, I'm a bit chilly and I'm going to throw on my Billabong pullover and I'm going to feel like I'm cheating on my shirt somehow.

Alright, I've now passed the funny/crazy barrier for this post. Fin.

No comments: