Sunday, January 23, 2011

#132 The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything


This is one of my very favorite T-shirts. I mean, I'm pretty much over the whole pirate thing, it's just a cool looking shirt with a neat design. Yesterday Brandon, Tim, and I went on a research trip to Disneyland to take some photos for reference since our theme for the Davis trip this year is Disney/Disneyland. All very scientific, hard work I assure you.

Though it actually ended up being somewhat difficult since it's a little awkward taking a photo of someone that doesn't know you're taking a photo of them. One cast member (which I'm later going to abbreviate to CM) seemed particularly displeased to be the subject of Brandon's shot.

Anywho, while in line for Thunder Mountain we randomly spotted Darrin and Tanya. They were there using their free tickets that we got from the Disney Half-marathon so they were spending the whole day. Me being the hedonist that I am I couldn't turn down a day at Disneyland so I stayed at the park with them when Brandon and Tim went home around lunch time. Darrin and Tanya's friends Tim L. and Cierra (also L.) met up with us along with their two young sons. Now I had heard from various people about how adorable their first son Jack was. I come from a gigantic family so I'm used to being surrounded by cute little babies and toddlers. However, having met little Jack I've got to say, that is one cuuuute kid. I was a little worried he might be a bit put off by my presence since we'd never met before but about half an hour into meeting me he motioned for me to lift him up (well, more launch him into the air) and I happily obliged.

The kids were pooped in the afternoon so Tim and Cierra tagged out and Sarah and Sean tagged in. Pretty standard day though at one point Darrin mentioned that he had never gone on the Grizzly Rapids ride at California Adventure. So because the wait time was 5 minutes we agreed to go on it. We got all the way to the stop before the last drop when the ride broke down. To evac it they had to drain the section we were in, attach a ladder to the raft, and then we walked out through the mountain. Neat stuff. Anywho, they gave us a front of the line/fastpass-y thing to make up for the fact that the ride went down. We got one then while we were chatting with the CM about what rides we should use it on he gave us another one since he had extras. We ended up using them later in the evening. We went on the Matterhorn with one, then went on Peter Pan. The CM that was supposed to take the pass never actually collected it, then while we were chatting with the CM that was running the exit she handed us one to use on another ride. The park was pretty close to closing and we still had to get onto Indiana Jones (which we already had a normal fastpass for) so we decided to use one on the Alice in Wonderland ride just for the heck of it. That CM actually ended up handing the pass back to us again because the line wasn't really that long for it. Apparently you just can't give those things away at the end of the night. Too bad we didn't have more time.

No comments: