Saturday, October 9, 2010

USA USA USA!


This shirt is from a Motion City Soundtrack concert that I went to in February with my good pals Janice, Orville, and Elaine. They were awesome. This shirt was discounted for some reason (probably from an older tour set or something) so I snatched it up. I can't find this particular shirt on their merch site so that lends credence to the probably-from-an-old-tour theory. Motion City Soundtrack is one of my favorite bands. Check them out if you're a fan of fun, bouncy, pop-rock. Their third album "Even If It Kills Me" is my favorite (plus it features tracks produced by Ric Ocasek and Adam Schlesinger of The Cars and Fountains of Wayne fame, respectively).

The reason why I'm wearing it today is because it's about the closest thing I have to a patriotic shirt. It's the first official game of the Pep Band season and it's men's volleyball vs. China. That's right, China. It's their national team. Upon seeing who we were facing, Leon asked at rehearsal on Tuesday "What's China?" My smartassy response was, "It's this country in Asia. Pretty big. It's where Chinese people come from." Anywho, Eric wouldn't let us make any communist signs or anything like that, which is kind of a bummer. But I am looking forward to at some point chanting USA USA USA! I'm also hoping that at some point we play "Kung Fu Fighting".

No comments: