Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sounds like something MST3k would watch


Here's another monster shirt to honor the imminent arrival of Halloween. I wasn't always very excited by Halloween. You don't get any gifts and I was never really that big on candy even as a child. I also never really got to be what I wanted to when I was growing up. Mostly my parents chose our costumes on the years we actually dressed up. One year my brother got to be Peter Pan and I had to be Tinkerbell (you will NEVER see photos of this). I think I went to only one Halloween party when I was in high school (where I went as Punchy the Hawaiian Punch mascot, don't ask me why).

But now that I'm older, Halloween has become awesome. I can dress up as my favorite characters, go to awesome parties, and act like a big kid (which is pretty much my favorite thing to do). As of right now I'm going to three different Halloween parties this year.

The first one was last night. The men of Dexter's apartment have a standing cookies and whiskey party every Tuesday. This week's also happened to be Halloween themed. It was kind of last minute so I just threw on my Marty McFly costume (which is a lot of layers to wear at a party in a tiny apartment). There was also a fantastic Dr. Who costume, but I think he totally should have gotten a fez for it too. The clear highlight of the party was the impromptu Disney sing along. It was going on for a while 'til the girls got bored and put the kibosh on the whole thing.

But yeah up next is a party on Friday, a party on Saturday, and then ? on actual Halloween itself. I might try to convince a few people to go trick or treating or something.

No comments: