Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My very first concert tee


This is the very first shirt that I ever got at a concert. I went to see Saves the Day in concert with my friend Monica. They were my favorite band in high school and for about my first year or two in college. I don't remember who else was playing but I remember it was held at Canes which is this Bar and Grill in the Belmont Park Boardwalk in San Diego. It was a pretty cool venue. Afterward I think we walked along the beach for a bit while we waited for our parents to come pick us up (shut up. we were 16 and didn't have our licenses or cars at this point). I don't remember too much of the concert though I do recall chanting the word "coconuts" at some point because the lead singer was trying to see what sorts of crazy things he could get us to chant since we were all excited.

If you can't read the text underneath it says UBR: Urban Bike Renegades. I don't really know why. Saves the Day's official merch store is here. I've still got at least one other Saves the Day shirt to go so I'll save my favorite concert story of theirs for that one. In my youth (because I'm all old and shit now I guess) I think I saw them four times. Janice just saw them last weekend (with a couple of other bands that I either have loved or still love) and I declined to go. I'm just not into the whole getting shoved around by sweaty kids that I could have babysat-scene.

No comments: