Saturday, December 18, 2010

#113 It kind of looks like the Cowardly Lion's medal of courage


This is a shirt that I got in elementary school (either the second or third grade I think) during a school-wide reading promotion. I managed to be one of the more voracious little readers (read: I spent a lot of time alone and indoors) so I got quite a bit of swag from the campaign. This badass shirt, free pizza coupons, I even got a physical medal like the one on my shirt. When they say "gold medal winner" they aren't playing around (well, the gold part is still a bit of a lie...and they're playing it fast and loose with the word "winner"). I actually had to accept this shirt on stage at an assembly that they had in front of the whole school so they could all laud me for my nerdiness (kneel, peasants!).

No comments: