Thursday, December 9, 2010

#104 "Because I just dusted off some records that I bought at 14..."


Being young is all about wearing band t-shirts. At least that's the theory I'm going with considering how many of these fuckin' things I own. Anywho I used to love the crap out of The Rocket Summer. If you like sappy pop songs with sophomoric lyrics sung by a guy with a high pitched voice then this is your band. I'm not hating though, that stuff is catchy as all get out.

I don't know what it is, but if I were to be presented with this music today, I'd probably ignore it and maybe hate it. But because I loved it when I was younger, I'd totally listen to it again. I guess that's just nostalgia for you. Shitty things were way less shitty back in the day just because you lived through them.

No comments: