Tuesday, February 1, 2011

#139 Trailer Trash


It's too bad I already used up my Modest Mouse music post otherwise I'd feel obligated to also link their song Trailer Trash to this post.

This is a shirt that I got at one of the tourist trap-y shops that they have at Belmont Park in San Diego. I got a red one as well but for the life of me I can't remember what was on it and I haven't seen it for several years. All I know is that it was in this same sort of retro 5os style. Bowling perhaps.

Belmont Park is a boardwalk-y area complete with rickety wooden roller coaster and carnival rides. It's one of my favorite places in San Diego. This particular trip might have been for one of my birthdays but I'm not sure. If it was that was the day we had giant slices of pizza followed by giant ice cream cones followed by about 7 rides on the roller coaster. ALL GOOD DECISIONS. This is also the place where the indoor waterpark had an outdoor surf machine/wave fountain thing. My friend Kyle (who is built like a spider monkey) tried it one day and pretty much immediately crashed each time, each fall more spectacular than the last (most likely due to his previously mentioned spider monkey proportions).

If you were to stroll along the shore in the evening, you're likely to trip on boogie boards and sand toys that had been purchased earlier at the souvenir shops. I used to have quite the collection of abandoned shovels that I picked up on trips there.

No comments: