Monday, November 15, 2010

#98 I Heart Cliches


For a somewhat avid shirt collector such as myself, it seems fitting to snatch up the classics of the genre. It's like a comic book collector owning Amazing Fantasy #15 or a baseball card collector owning a Honus Wagner card. Shirts I would also classify as classics are the "Frankie Say Relax", the tuxedo t-shirt, "Kiss me I'm Irish". There are also your passing shirt trends such and Urban Outfitters classics such as "Everybody loves a _____ boy/girl" and "Jesus is my Homeboy" or passing pop culture memes like "Make 7 Up Yours".

Anywhoozle, I've really only been to New York once for a grand total of maybe 24 hours. I went as part of a trip to the east coast in the 8th grade. Saw the Lion King on Broadway, ate at the All Star Cafe in Times Square (I'm pretty sure those don't exist anymore), went to the top of the Empire State Building, it was a fun time. Oddly enough that's not when I got this shirt. Instead I got this shirt at the end of my roadtrip with Bstark in the JFK airport gift shop before I flew back to California.

No comments: