Sunday, November 14, 2010

#97


This was the shirt that my elementary school band wore when we played at our little concerts. We also were in the Mira Mesa 4th of July parade at least once. I really don't know why this shirt is so big. It's big on me even now. I must have been just swimming in it when I was in the 5th grade. I guess I was already starting to get taller then, but still.

I can't remember much about band in elementary school. I just remember being very excited by the prospect of being able to play TLC's "Waterfalls" on saxophone because that was the song that the director and his friend came in and played for my fifth grade class. At the time it was my favorite song after all. Really that silly story is rather appropriate. I joined band because it sounded like fun and I kept up with it because it continues to be fun for me.

Anywho, the anteater band played at the UCI women's soccer game today and they won 2-0! These women's games are starting to make me come around to the whole idea of watching soccer I think. Somehow I've managed to have fun and stay entertained during a game that I normally loathe. The fact that we're a pretty good team certainly helps. Plus on a more shallow level, soccer players are hot.

No comments: