Monday, November 1, 2010

#84 "I've got a twenty dollar bill that says no one's ever seen you without make up..."


Here's another shirt from the webcomic Diesel Sweeties. You can find it right here. It's a mixtape shirt and another one that I got from a girl getting rid of stuff from an ex-boyfriend (but he might not have been an ex at that point, anywho). But yeah, hard to see but it's a pixely version of a tape.

Mixtapes/Mix cds are super cheesy and corny, so rather appropriately I love them. I'm a fan of making them for people and making them for myself. I make tons of playlists with different themes for different moods and moments (currently my itunes has 40 different playlists). I also make good use of the comments section of my itunes to quickly note little things I notice about various songs (if a song is a cover, if it's a demo version, if it's instrumental or acoustic, etc.). Um so there's a basic confession of my compulsions when it comes to music.

In other mixtape news, Sony just recently announced that they halted production on their Walkman line. This has already been said before but, Duh? I would have figured they would've stopped making them much longer ago. I don't think I actually ever owned a walkman as a child. The only tapes I had were a few Disney soundtracks. After that I quickly graduated to cds (My first one? Kriss Kross's Totally Krossed Out).

No comments: