Saturday, April 16, 2011

#169 MORE Rhinestones!


Not a great picture of the shirt or a particularly good picture of me but it's the best picture of the costume I think.

It was part of my costume for the annual UCI Anteater Band trip up to UC Davis for their Picnic Day Battle of the Bands. This year's theme was Disneyland so I decided to go for the mega obscure (as per usual when it comes to costumed events) and dressed as Captain EO, aka Michael Jackson as an intergalactic sailor on a mission of peace, music, and epic dance moves. This was produced in the 80s, a time when it was apparently generally assumed that music had the power to change the physical properties of things (relevant portion starts at the 1:28 mark). Michael's moves are so fly that they are able to keep his ass from being beaten by evil space robots and transform an evil witch (that looks to be about half-hentai-tentacle-monster and half Eddie Munster) into Anjelica Huston (eh, you can't win 'em all).

BUY: Me and my love of specificity, I bought the official (and relatively pricey) shirt from Disneyland. It does have a very old school soft feel to the material though so it's super comfy.

No comments: