Saturday, May 28, 2011

#175 Suck It, Morrissey.

I believe I last wore this to one of Darrin's BYOBBQFFs. If you are unfamiliar with the BYOBBQFF concept it is as follows: Darrin provides the grill and the grillmastery and you provide the food items of your choosing. So you Bring Your Own BarBeQue and make Friends Forever, or something like that. These usually also involve some Rock Band and hot tubbing.

BYOBBQs are perhaps my favorite common party gathering theme. Now we've had some pretty fantastic ones; Ugly Prom, Cinco de Seis, Rex Manning Day; but there's something nice about the casualness of the BYOBBQ. I mean, it's a small gathering with close friends centered around good food. What isn't comforting about that?

This is another tasty shirt from Threadless and you can find this specific shirt here.

The title of this post by the way is inspired by perhaps the whiniest song I've ever heard. Morrissey a man that built a career on being whiny and sad wrote the song "Meat is Murder". You can perhaps guess what the lyrics are about. I was going to post some of them, but they're awfully morbid and dramatic and would taint the warm fuzzies I've got from recalling the BYOBBQs of yesteryear (plus we musn't dwell. We can't. Not on Rex Manning Day!).

No comments: